Sunday 11 December 2016

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog! Today ill be reviewing one of the first drugstore mascaras that I started wearing when I first got into makeup, and it is the Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara. This mascara was my absolute favourite 4 years ago, and I used to wear it on daily basis. So, I recently ran out of my L'Oreal False Lash Sculpt mascara (which is totally amazing), so I decided to head over to Boots and grab myself a new mascara. When I passed by the Max Factor counter, I decided to relive the old days and try it again. Below is a review of what I think of this mascara, and I can tell you that after a couple of years, my opinion has definitely changed.  


Description:

The Max Factor 2000 Calorie claims to triple the volume of your lashes with its ultra volumising formula. This mascara doesn't need any primer to look good, and a single application can easily last on without any smudging. Despite being touch and smudge proof, it claims that it can easily be removed with your regular makeup remover. It is designed to suit both sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers. Each mascara tube contains 9 ml of product. The mascara wand is very traditional looking, and has bristles all around it. 

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara

What I like about this mascara:

This mascara is pretty good at volumisng your lashes (I don't think it lives up to the 3x volumising claim though). The great thing about this mascara is that it doesn't clump at all! I personally don't mind the slightly clumpy lashes look, but I know so many people that absolutely hate clumpy lashes, and if you're one of those, then you'll really love this mascara. It also doesn't smudge or transfer when on, which is always great as no body wants to end up with panda eyes, right? It is also easy to layer up, so with 2 layers it still doesn't clump. 

What I don’t like about this Mascara:

Despite that this mascara gives my lashes some volume, I don't think it is outstanding in doing so. Additionally, I didn't feel that it gave my lashes much length. I personally love long, full and dramatic lashes. This mascara didn't help me achieve that look even with 2 coats! Whereas other mascaras featured here can do so with just a single coat. It is strange saying that, since a couple of years ago this literally was my favourite go-to mascara! But certainly with time, people's preferences do change.  

Availability:

Can be found in Boots (worldwide), Superdrug (UK), Amazon, Walmart (US). So it is easily available in most drugstores.  

Price:

Kuwait: 4.250 KD (Boots)
US: approx. 9.4$ (can also be found for 7.18$ & free shipping in amazon.com)
UK£7.99 (Boots/Superdrug)  

Final thoughts:

This mascara would be ideal for those that want some volume and length without any clumps. It also doesn't smudge or transfer which is always great. I personally would not repurchase it as I love to go for full-on dramatic lashes, which this mascara clearly doesn't do for me. It is a bummer since Max Factor is one of my all time favourite drugstore makeup brands. I have also picked up several other mascaras from Max Factor that I'll be reviewing in the upcoming weeks. 


That is all for today's post, as always, leave any questions below. If there are specific products that you want me review then also leave them below.  Thank you so much for reading and until next time xx 

4 comments: