Tuesday 6 December 2016

Huda Beauty Lip Contour

Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog! Today’s post will be on the extremely popular lip contours from Huda Beauty. These lip liners were launched in March 2016, and ever since the launch, everyone was talking about them. The reviews were highly positive and as a beauty lover, I knew I had to give them a try. I have the shades Trendsetter (which is a stylish brown nude) and Trophy Wife (which is a a beautiful striking pink shade). 

Huda Beauty Lip Contour. Upper shade: Trendsetter
 Lower shade: Trophy Wife

Description:

The Huda Beauty Lip Contour claims that it gives an intense matte colour payoff that is both waterproof and transfer-proof. It also claims that it glides on easily. As I mentioned earlier, these lip contours were launched in March 2016 and come in 9 different shades. The packaging is very simple (as you'd expect from a lip liner). The lip liner doesn't come with a twist bottom, so you'll need to sharpen it to release more product. You can use 2 different shades to contour and highlight your lips, or you can simply fill your lips in with one colour depending on the look you're going for. This product is both Vegan and Cruelty-free so it is great for suiting a wider audience. The size of these lip contours is 0.042 oz per piece. 

What I like about this lip liner:

I love how this lip contour definitely lives up to all its claims. It is very easy to glide on and both of the shades that I have are very pigmented. It also stays on very well, and easily lasts me for 6 hours (before I need to touch it up a little bit). It is both waterproof and transfer-proof, which is perfect for me as I work full-time and touching up my lip liner is the last thing I'd want to do. I tend to apply the lip contour all over my lips, and I usually go for the shade Trendsetter as it is perfect for work. However, when I'm feeling a little bold, I use Trophy Wife all over my lips. 

Lip Swatches:

Below are some lip swatches with and without flash. Keep in mind that the shades can vary depending on your skin tone.

Trophy Wife (no flash)

Trophy Wife (with flash)
Trendsetter (no flash)
Trendsetter (with flash)


What I don’t like about this lip liner:

There are 2 things that I don't really like about this lip contour. First, it is the sharpening issue, and I know it has nothing to do with the formula or anything, but I do prefer lip liners that have a twist to reveal more product, as it is a hassle to sharpen the lip liner; and these tend to need sharpening approx. every 2-3 applications. The second thing is related to the formula. Despite that these lip contours are very long wearing, they do tend to dry my lips. They can be very drying if you just apply them without exfoliating and prepping your lips. So, I highly recommend that you exfoliate, or at least apply some lip balm to your lips (for 15-30 mins) and then make sure to wipe the lip balm off before applying the lip contour, otherwise it won't last as long and will transfer.  

Availability:

Available worldwide, as you can order any of the lip contours from her website: shophudabeauty.com (a full review on the ordering process, shipping etc can be found here). Also available in Sephora stores in the US,Kuwait, UAE etc. Her products are available in store in Harrods UK. 

Price:

US: 19$ (this is the price in Sephora and on her website)
UK: £16 (found on cultbeauty.co.uk) 

Final thoughts:

I love these lip contours mainly because of how very long wearing they are. So, if you want your lip liner to stay on all day, then you'll really love these. With 9 shades available, there surely is something for everyone. The main downside would be the drying formula, but if you prep your lips, then you won't have a problem with that. Additionally, I think it is reasonably priced for a high-end lip contour. 


That is all for today's post, as always, leave any questions below. If there are specific products that you want me review then also leave them below.  Thank you so much for reading and until next time xx 

4 comments:

  1. I will use such information now. Great and capable recommendation by the creator of this blog are truly useful to lessen our hack-tic life hair scissor sharpening perth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am appreciative to this blog giving one of a kind and accommodating learning about this theme, I read your blog now share extraordinary data here. This blog increse my insight source . Scissor Sharpening Perth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a not too bad endeavor to get imply about how I could show substance of this blog. I should state, not much intense yet rather I surrendered each one of my weapons not long after subsequent to understanding it. Scissor repair

    ReplyDelete
  4. There can also moreover some precise strategies in keeping with location or knowledge. Your competencies depend on how you bought this opportunity and wherein you have professional. non-public or expert training may distinguish between each other. idea over right here are beneficial for distinct guys additionally because it did for me. Perths Expert Scissor Sharpening

    ReplyDelete