Monday 19 December 2016

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog! Today ill be reviewing one of the most popular lip creams in the market, and these are the NYX soft matte lip creams! I have heard so many good things about them and I knew that I'll have to give them a try! I love matte lips and I have pretty much tried many liquid lipsticks/lip creams from both the drugstore and the high-end market. So by now, I have a solid opinion on the general features that I look for in matte lip creams and liquid lipsticks.   




Description:

The NYX soft matte lip creams come in 34 different shades, ranging from stunning nudes to bold, striking colours. The formula of these are very different from liquid lipsticks. They have a velvety, creamy texture that is also lightweight. These claim to be durable and smooth on the lips. Despite the creamy formula, they claim to dry completely matte. The packaging of these lip creams isn't see through, so the shade that the tube displays doesn't exactly correspond to the true colour of the lip cream. So to see the exact colour, just make sure to swatch any shade before buying. Each lip cream contains 8 ml of product, which is pretty good compared to the little price tag that you pay (prices and availability can be found below). 

Swatches

Below is a swatch of all the 12 shades that I own. 

Shades shown from left to right: Milan, Prague, Morocco, Addis Ababa, Seoul, Manila, Stockholm, Cannes, Rome, Monte Carlo, Copenhagen, Transylvania







What I like about these lip creams:

I love the formula of these lip creams. They are indeed lightweight and creamy. They dry completely matte, however, they need slightly longer to dry (1-2 mins) in comparison to liquid lipsticks. They also have a sweet smell to them, like marshmallows/cakes, but nothing too overpowering. The lasting power is also good, they can stay well on for 3-4 hours. Of course with eating, you will have to reapply, specially if you're eating greasy food. I love nude lips and these have a pretty good variety of different nudes. My favourite shade has to be Stockholm, which is a perfect everyday nude! There are also several great vampy, dark lip colours that are perfect for autumn and winter (e.g. Copenhagen, Transylvania).

What I don’t like about these lip creams:

These lip creams are pretty pigmented, but they definitely need two layers to look completely opaque. I do apply two thin layers for it to fully cover my lips. They are not drying, but they do tend to settle into the lines/cracks of my lips. So as I always mention with lip creams/liquid lipsticks, exfoliate and apply a lip balm before hand (if you have dry/chapped lips) to get the best application ever. 

Availability:

UK: can be found in Boots
US: can be bought online from nyxcosmetics.com or you can simply buy it in several drugstores 
Kuwait: available in Centrepoint 

Price:

UK£5.50 (Boots) 
US: 6$  
Kuwait: 3.250 KD (Centrepoint)


Final thoughts:

I think these lip creams are great for anyone that is looking for beautiful, affordable, and comfortable matte lip creams. I am impressed with the extremely wide variety of shades that you get with these, so there is definitely something for everyone. The lasting power is also good, and for the price point, you really can't go wrong. 


That is all for today's post, as always, leave any questions below. If there are specific products that you want me review then also leave them below. Thank you so much for reading and until next time xx 

5 comments:

  1. Love these lip creams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really good! Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great product review ! keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog on daily basis. This is really great and informative post. Thanks for sharing.

    NYX Simply Nude Lip Cream

    ReplyDelete