Saturday 24 December 2016

NYX Advent Calendar

A couple of weeks ago, I was lucky enough to get my hands on the limited-edition NYX Wanderlust Advent Calendar. For the first time ever, I actually managed to win this calendar by participating in an Instagram competition on their official page. So, when I first got the calendar, I noticed how pretty creative the packaging was. I love how it looks like a makeup box. The Nyx Wanderlust advent calendar is filled with 24 beauty treats for the holiday season.





Description: 


This advent calendar contains 12 of the Nyx soft matte lip products and 12 single eyeshadows. The eyeshadows are all full sized which is always brilliant, as most advent calendars contain sample sized products. Whereas, the lip creams are test size which are slightly bigger than sample size. The eyeshadows are 1.4 grams each, and the lip creams are 4.7 ml each. 


What I like about this advent calendar?


 I love how they have included some of their best-selling shades from their lip creams such as Stockholm, Cannes, Morocco etc. I have a full review on the Nyx soft matte lip creams here, so feel free to check it out! I love the eyeshadows included! They have a good selection of both matte and shimmery shades that can easily be used to create endless makeup looks. Most of the eyeshadow shades are very pigmented and blend  very easily. Each eyeshadow comes with a magnetic cover that can be in handy when traveling, or when you just want to carry one or two shades in your handbag. 

What I don't like about this advent calendar?


I wish that they have included more nude shades in their soft matte lip creams in this calendar. There is a good variety of colours, however, I won't be wearing around 7 shades of the 12 lip creams included. Specially for the price (details below), I feel like they could have added slightly more wearable colours. Despite getting 4.7 ml of product in each lip cream, I felt that it was so difficult to get product out of the tube! Not sure why, it could be due to the applicator, but I felt that after 3 applications, getting product out of the tube was quite challenging. I also think that it would have been more enjoyable if they have included a wider variety of makeup products, and not just lip creams and eyeshadows. 

Availability:

US: nyxcosmetics.com also available in several drugstores
UK: Boots

Price:

US: 50$
UK: £60

Final thoughts:

This advent calendar was quite enjoyable to open. I was excited to see what I'd get, specially for the lip creams since I'm obsessed with matte lips. I think this advent calendar would be great for anyone that wants to try Nyx products for the first time (as you do get a good selection of products). I loved the colour selection and pigmentation of the single eyeshadows. I do think however that the price tag was slightly hefty in comparison to other advent calendars in the market. 

Thank you so much for reading! Let me know if you have any questions. Until next time xx   


5 comments:

  1. The idea is lovely and is a lovely pre-Christmas idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is! Thanks for reading and Merry Christmas 😊

      Delete
  2. I like your posts! Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start with investigating just what exactly your enterprise manufacturing features this ties around together with the family vacation mindset, so you're able to capitalize on a person's profits by using prospects interested in this fantastic family vacation gift idea and also cure. Take into account the topic that your chosen offerings offer plus checkout manila activities add to the boasting by using quite a few increased family vacation brighten.

    ReplyDelete